Best Wine Slushies In Lakeville, MN

 Wine slushies are awesome! They are good anytime, but especially on a hot summer day out on a patio.

The first time I ever had a wine slushie was at the Minnesota Renaissance Festival in Shakopee, MN.

It was wine in a bag or a pouch that looked like a Capri Sun juice pouch that they kept frozen. 

I'm not sure if it had to do with a special ingredient or maybe it had something to do with the alcohol, but it wasn't a frozen block of solid wine. 

It was a fluffy, slushie consistency. It was great, and I was hooked!

I wanted to order them whenever I went out to bars and restaurants, but unfortunately, most places do not sell wine slushies.

I had them once at a small winery in Wisconsin. Theirs was delicious.

But in the suburbs south of the Twin Cities, it was a struggle to find somewhere that served them.

I did eventually find somewhere.


Where To Get Wine Slushies in Apple Valley / Lakeville

Barley & Vine Kitchen/Bar is a restaurant and bar that is technically located in Lakeville, MN, but is basically on the border between Apple Valley and Lakeville.

It is located in the Crossroads of Lakeville shopping center by Cub Foods and McDonald's.

Barley and Vine is a restaurant that reminds me of the type of place you could find in Minneapolis. It seems a lot nicer and more upscale than many of the restaurants in the suburbs.

They have a very unique building and fun décor. They play great music (and sometimes have live music).

Their patio is pretty big and really nice.

AND... They sell wine slushies!!!

They have a couple of real slushie machines like you would see at a convenience store that sells ICEE style drinks.

They usually have one filled with wine and the other with some kind of cocktail.

I had never had one before I found them at Barley + Vine, but I've found that cocktail slushies are every bit as good as wine slushies!

They routinely swap out what is in those slushie machines, so there is always variety and something new to try.

If you are looking to go out and have a wine slushie prepared for you, I would recommend Barley and Vine. While I genuinely think they are great and would be able to compete with any wine slushie, they are the only option I know of in the area.

So it was really easy to recommend them haha.


If you are looking to go to a store and buy the supplies to make your own wine slushies at home, I wrote up a comparison guide of the liquor stores in Lakeville, Apple Valley, and Burnsville which might help you in that process.

And if you are done with wine slushies and are looking for a craft brewery to visit, check out my list of craft breweries near Lakeville.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Entrepreneurship to the Economy and Society

What Is the Purpose of a Blog Post?

Google Chrome Touchpad Scroll Not Working SOLUTION