Best Ice Cream Places Near Apple Valley, MN

 I love ice cream! It is so delicious and it can really hit the spot when you are craving it.

Grocery store ice cream definitely has some benefits. You can find just about any flavor you are interested in. There are lots of brands to choose from. And you can keep the ice cream in your freezer at home so that you've got ice cream ready when the mood strikes you.

But sometimes ice cream from a restaurant or ice cream parlor is what you really want.

If you are currently in that mood and are in Apple Valley, Lakeville, or Rosemount, MN, I have got some suggestions for you!


Related: List of Restaurants in the Lakeville and Apple Valley MN Area


Culver's

I think Culver's has the best ice cream, period. It is hands down the best. It is ultra smooth and creamy.

The chocolate and the vanilla have the perfect flavor. And, while I don't tend to order many flavors other than vanilla and chocolate, they are well known for their "Flavor of the Day", so there is always something new and fresh to try.

Culver's actually serves custard, not ice cream. I'm not entirely sure what the difference is, but it is so much smoother than other ice creams.

Culver's makes their custard in the store you buy it from, and I believe it is often made the same day you  buy it.

If you want my highest recommendation for ice cream, Culver's is it!

Baskin Robins

I believe Baskin Robins is an ice cream chain that is mostly found in the southern U.S., but they seem to have expanded into Apple Valley.

There is one at the intersection if I-35 and 160th St by a Lakeville Liquors location.

I believe there is a second one near the center of Apple Valley near Cedar Ave on 42. It is by all the fast food restaurants like McDonald's, Taco Bell, and Raising Cane's - but on the other side of the street.

Baskin Robins are usually (maybe always) found connected to a Dunkin Donuts. That is the case for the 2 in Apple Valley.

I've only had Baskin Robins a handful of times, but I have loved it each time. They have delicious, creamy ice cream.

I would highly recommend their chocolate shake! And this is a place that you can have delivered to your house using the food delivery apps.

Dairy Queen

Dairy Queen is a classic ice cream spot. It has been around long enough and is ubiquitous enough that I'm sure everyone has had Dairy Queen ice cream.

Dairy Queen ice cream has a different feel and texture to it than the two I just covered. It is thinner and less creamy.

I have heard that they have "iced milk" rather than ice cream. I believe it is lower in fat.

As much as it is different than the creamiest ice creams, it is still very delicious. They have the twist option which is the chocolate and vanilla mixed in the same soft serve.

My favorite part is that little whip or swirl that they add to the top of their ice cream. It looks so cool!

Their Blizzard blended ice cream treats that have candy bits mixed in are really good too. I especially like the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup one.

Cold Stone Creamery

I like the ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery, but I would say that it is a rung below the previously mentioned 3 places. There is something about the flavor that I don't love.

I feel like the chocolate is too chocolatey and the vanilla has too much vanilla. Not entirely sure that what it is, though.

It is still good ice cream overall.

I like watching them mix in the add-ins you order. It is really fun, and if you have never seen it before, it is worth going just for that.

I believe they have a policy where if you put money in the tip jar, the employees will sing to you. I bet they hate when that happens, so I wouldn't do it to them, but I've seen videos of it happening.

Chill Ice Cream Studio & Arcade

If you are in Farmington, MN, I would recommend the Chill Ice Cream Studio & Arcade.

It is a little ice cream shop in the old downtown part of Farmington.

They sell Chocolate Shoppe ice cream, which is made in Madison, Wisconsin. They have pints you can buy to take home with you, and they also have the 5 gallon tubs that they scoop into dishes so you can enjoy it there.

They have many flavors to choose from, and I believe their flavor selections rotate.

The coolest part of this ice cream parlor is the arcade portion of the store. They have around 6 classic 80s arcade cabinet games that you can play. My favorite games were Ms. Pac Man and Donkey Kong.

Waffle Bar

Waffle Bar is an ice cream shop in Lakeville near 160th. I have never been there, but I've talked to people who have been there and they thought it was pretty good.

They make waffles in a waffle maker and use them as cones for their ice cream.

And I believe they have really elaborate ice cream menu items. I think I heard about one that included gummy worms.

I haven't been there yet, but it is definitely on my list of places to try.


Bonus Recommendation

I talked at the beginning of this post about grocery store ice cream. I want to tell you about my favorite kind of ice cream you can buy at the store.

It is called "Country Rich" and I believe you can only buy it at Walmart. It is by far the smoothest and creamiest ice cream I've ever had out of a tub. It is incredibly delicious and I highly recommend it!



Have I missed any great ice cream spots in the Apple Valley area? What are some of your favorites? What do you think about the ones I've mentioned here? Let me know in the comments!




Other Articles to Read:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Entrepreneurship to the Economy and Society

What Is the Purpose of a Blog Post?

Google Chrome Touchpad Scroll Not Working SOLUTION