Blogging Inspiration from Laughing Squid

 I started this blog because I wanted to share my thoughts and ideas. And when trying to come up with blog post ideas, I usually want to pick topics suitable for essays. I want a thesis, claim, or topic, and then use the blog post to fill out the idea.

That is the goal. But writing that sort of article can be very time consuming and take a lot of effort. 

I struggle to find time to write blog posts, and the time I usually end up with is late at night before bed. And by that time I am mentally pretty exhausted. And not feeling overly creative. So an essay-type topic is pretty tough to work on then.

But that doesn't mean I just want to throw up my hands and not produce any content. I might sometimes just want to curate content, and add a little commentary.

I wrote about that desire in my post about acting as a recommendation engine. But as much as that is something I want to do, and even something I committed to in that post, I haven't done a whole lot of it. I've tended to stick to the essay-type topics, or reviews.

But I recently came across a website called Laughing Squid which has re-motivated me to do a bit more curation.

The site seems to be almost entirely curation. Most posts are a link to a video or article, then a description of what is found in the video or article. Pretty straightforward content curation and recommendation.

SimilarWeb, a website that analyzes the popularity of other websites and provides traffic estimates, claims that Laughing Squid gets visited over 850,000 times per month. That's huge! 

So a site that popular can exist doing little more than pointing to other people's content. If it is working so well for them, then I figure it can't hurt to throw a bit more curation/recommendation into the mix here on my blog.

I am planning to post more content which is more or less just sharing stuff I found interesting, useful, or entertaining with the people reading this blog. So look forward to some (hopefully!) good suggestions coming soon!

And I would love for you to recommend things to me as well. If there is a video, article, or other interesting thing I should check out, please let me know about it in the comments! Thank you!




Other Articles to Read:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Entrepreneurship to the Economy and Society

What Is the Purpose of a Blog Post?

Google Chrome Touchpad Scroll Not Working SOLUTION