Best Music 1

This post is in keeping with the spirit of my recent post where I shared my new blogging goal of recommending things I like to my readers.

I want to share a few of the songs I've been listening to lately so that you can try them out and see if you like them too.

I don't have a whole lot to say about each song. This isn't intended to be like a music listening analysis report where I describe the rhythmic structure or tonal qualities of the music. I am just sharing some tunes I enjoy.

I want this to become a recurring segment, whether that be daily, weekly, or even having any regularity at all. It could be totally random.


Related:


Some editions of the "Best Music" series might have a genre theme, but for this first one I will not intentionally choose a theme.

I am simply going into my Liked Songs playlist on Spotify and picking out some winners.


The Best Music of My Week


Million Bucks by Smallpools




This song has such a great sunny day feel to it. The song is in my wife's "Daytime Brewery Adventure" playlist that we play in the car as we drive to breweries. The chorus has also amped me up during runs, keeping me going when I get tired.

"I've got all my money on you,
And though my dollars are few,
I feel like a million bucks,
And I give no fucks
When I'm with you"

All We Got by Sam F featuring Lizzy Land




This is a techno/EDM song that gets me hyped. I had never heard of either of these artists before, but I have since followed Sam F.

I actually found Sam F through his other music persona, "Dr. Woke". He has a song with Lil Phag, which I also had not heard of, but after looking into who they were I found the main artist name, Sam F. I use Spotify to find most of the music I listen to and lots of it is recommended to me based on other things I listen to. Then I follow down the rabbit hole looking into "Similar Artists".

Whippin by Kiiara featuring Felix Snow




This is a song I've known about for some time, but recently rediscovered it and have been listening to it a lot. I think I read somewhere that Kiiara was working as a clerk in a hardware store when she produced and released the song "Gold" from her bedroom. The song took off and became super popular, and she made enough money that she could quit her crappy job and do music full-time. This is a song I heard after I heard "Gold".

Ooh La La by Run The Jewels featuring Greg Nice and DJ Premier




I super duper love Run The Jewels! It is a rap duo made up of El-P and Killer Mike. I believe they were brought together while working on a project for Adult Swim or Williams Street. They are both incredible lyricists whose music is truly poetry. One of their songs "Lie, Cheat, Steal" is used as the theme song for the Netflix original documentary series "Dirty Money".

I heard this song at the end of the last episode in the third season of Ozark. Something pretty violent and shocking happens in the last minute, then this song plays and it is a perfect pairing because of how opposite the two things are.

Bounce by Timbaland, Justin Timberlake, Missy Elliott, and Dr. Dre




This song came out in 2007, so it is not new by any means. This song is sooooo good! The bass is really danceable and catchy, which makes sense when you realize that Dr. Dre was involved. He is the king of awesome bass lines.

This will make a really great dance party song. Fair warning: its pretty explicit and sexual.


Conclusion

I figure five songs is a nice round number to stop at. It is enough to have something to look into when you are done, but not an overwhelming amount. It also lets me save lots of great stuff for future "Best Music" posts.

Let me know what you think of any of these songs or if you had already heard of any of them.



Other Articles to Read

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Entrepreneurship to the Economy and Society

What Is the Purpose of a Blog Post?

Google Chrome Touchpad Scroll Not Working SOLUTION