What NIN Song Did Miley Cyrus Cover?

 Miley Cyrus played a musician named Ashley O in an episode of the television series 'Black Mirror'. In that episode, Miley Cyrus plays a cover version of the song Head Like A Hole, a song which was originally written and performed by Nine Inch Nails (NIN).

She sings a version which is unique to her, but which is largely the same song, but she also sings a highly altered version where many of the lyrics are changed, but the song keeps the same rhythm and melody. The song goes from being dark to being very upbeat and positive. The pop music version of the song is titled 'On A Roll'.

I didn't much care for the really poppy, positive cover, but I really liked version that was more similar to the original.

I thought that the effects she used on the vocals in that version sounded a bit like Rob Zombie's vocals.

Here's the video for the cover that sounds like the original:







I wrote another blog post about what I think is the best cover of the NIN song 'Head Like A Hole'. If you heard these versions and liked the song, then I think you'd really enjoy the one I talk about in that article. It is in the style of americana country and folk. It's a really original take on the song, about as original as this pop version.



Did you like either of these cover versions? Have you heard a better version by someone else? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Entrepreneurship to the Economy and Society

What Is the Purpose of a Blog Post?

Google Chrome Touchpad Scroll Not Working SOLUTION