Fulton's Lonely Blonde Review

 Fulton is a brewery located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I have never been there (I guess I'm not even sure if they have a taproom or not), but I love their beers.

Their IPA "Sweet Child of Vine" is very good! It is definitely one of the beers I buy from the liquor store most often. I had seen it at the store before, but I had never actually had it until I had it on an airplane. I took a flight out of the Minneapolis airport, and in-flight, they only had domestic light beer and Sweet Child of Vine. I had it and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Another of their beers I really like is "Chill City Chugger". It is a golden lager, but it just tastes like a better version of a typical light beer.

My favorite beer from Fulton, though, is "Lonely Blonde". It is an American Blonde Ale. It is a lighter tasting beer, but still has lots of flavor. I like all sorts of very flavorful craft beers, like IPAs and Stouts, so compared to that stuff, it is fairly light.

Some of my family members only like light beer. They think craft beer is nasty. I convinced them to try Lonely Blonde because I said it was just like Bud Light or Coors Light, but much better. They did, and they didn't care for it because they thought it had too much flavor.

So I guess it's all subjective, but I love it! Lonely Blonde is a great beer to have on hand because it goes great with anything. It's a great beer to have with a meal.

I like having cans of Lonely Blonde handy for playing beer darts in the summer. 

For those who are not familiar with the game of beer darts, you and some friends stand in a circle and each person puts an unopened beer can a few feet in front of them. Then you take a metal tipped dart and toss it at someone else's beer can in the hopes of puncturing it. If you poke a hole in someone's can, they have to drink the beer down to that hole. If the hole is below the label on the can, or if it gets poked 3 times, the person has to chug the whole can.

I've tried playing with IPAs or darker beers, but it is kind of hard to chug those kinds of beers because they are too heavy.

Lonely Blonde is a perfect beer for beer darts because it is the ideal mix of tasty and light.

One thing I have to note about Lonely Blonde that might be a bit of a criticism is that it seems like they over pressurize the cans. Whenever I open the can, it sprays out onto my hands. That doesn't happen with most any other beer I drink. Only Lonely Blonde.

It isn't really a big deal, but its kind of annoying. The first time or two it happened, I assumed it was something to do with my refrigerator or maybe a particular batch of beer. But after I had it happen consistently through multiple cases over many months, it seems like how they produce and package the beer.

I really enjoy Lonely Blonde. I would probably rank it in the Top 5 best beers I've ever had. It is certainly one of the beers I have purchased the most.

If you have never had Lonely Blonde before, I highly recommend you give it a shot. And, really, any Fulton beer you buy will probably be good!



Do you like Lonely Blonde? Have you had other Fulton beers? What are some other great beers and breweries I should try out? Let me know in the comments!



Related Posts

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    The Importance of Entrepreneurship to the Economy and Society

    What Is the Purpose of a Blog Post?

    Google Chrome Touchpad Scroll Not Working SOLUTION